This is a live blog post for Apple’s big announcement of the new iPhone – dubbed as the iPhone 5.
- iPhone 5 announcement from Apple is now ready. Speakers getting their heads up. Big announcement will begin within 30 minutes. Stay tuned.
- iPhone 5 now featured on CNN International. Michael Holmes interviews John Abell (New York Bureau Chief – wired.com).
- 20 minutes from now – Steve Jobs Special Documentary on CNN.
- Tim Cook (the new CEO) and the new Apple Store in Hong Kong.
- Cook presents planned expansions in China.
- No announcement yet for iPhone 5. Cook is now showcasing some of Apple’s products.
- Macbooks are selling faster than PCs.
- Present: 60 million Mac users worldwide.
- 45 million iPods sold this year. Will reach high numbers by November and December 2011.
- iPhone5 now ready to be announced.
- 25 million iPhone 5 units will be sold this year – Bloomberg.
- Cook showcasing the iPad.
- Let’s talk iPhone
- Better and more improved camera for the new iOS 5
- iTunes Match
- iCloud on Oct 12.
- iPod Nano now “healthier”. Good for physical exercise.
- The 5 is now ready.
- It’s NOT the iPhone 5 – it’s iPhone 4S.
- iPhone 4s – more powerful, more graphics.
- Dual core processor and dual core graphics.
- A5 chip. 7 times faster than the old iPhone 4.
- iPhone 4s and iPad (the latest model) now have the same processor.
- iPhone 4S will be available on Oct14.
- 8 MP camera
- Can take pictures faster. 33% faster than iPhone 4.
- Real HD video capture. 1080p.
- Can now support true HD games. AirPlay mirroring.
- The new Siri. Taking hands-free system to the next level. But still in beta-mode. The latest voice recognition technology.
- iPhone 4s: 8 hours talk time.
- What is Siri?
Siri is a personal assistant application for the iOS. The application uses natural language processing to answer questions, make recommendations, and perform actions by delegating requests to an expanding set of web services. The iOS app is the first public product by its makers, who are focused on artificial intelligence applications. Siri was acquired by Apple Inc. on April 28, 2010.
Siri’s marketing claims include that Siri adapts to the user’s individual preferences over time and personalizes results, as well as accomplishing tasks such as making dinner reservations and reserving a cab.”
- Tim Cook just ended his speech.