A satisfied corporate client’s recommendation to my writing, blogging and ghost writing services.
You can read more client recommendations here:http://www.thefinestwriter.com/recommendations.
I LOVE having coffee while writing an article or two. This one is at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (Garden Area), Trinoma Mall, Quezon City.
TheFinestWriter.com is a certified EzineArticles Diamond Level Expert Author. It is the highest level given only to the top 1% out of almost 500,000 expert authors.
At present, I have 70 published articles spread in 28 niches:
What are the best practices for backing up and recovering your MySQL databases?
- Determine your backup needs. As with anything, you would need to plan for your backups. Start with knowing when you need to backup your database, what are the things that need to be replicated (database content, log files and configuration data), and how are these backups done. Then you would also need to figure out where you should store the backups and other details.
- Know what your options are. The beauty with working with MySQL is that there are a lot of methods for backing up and restoring your MySQL databases. You should know what types of backups are available, such as logical or physical, incremental or full, and other parameters. You should be aware of the different methods for creating backups in order to know which one to use for different situations and setups. You should also know the different recovery methods, including point in time recovery. You should also know backup compression, encryption and scheduling. Furthermore, you should know how to maintain your tables so that you could easily recover data in case it gets corrupted.
- But master the most widely used techniques. If you are going to work largely with MySQL database, there are three techniques that you should be an expert in. What are these?
- Consider using a dedicated slave. If you have a production database that you need to backup, then consider setting up a dedicated slave for your backup needs. This will allow you to do your backup tasks without affecting your master. The downside is that it will make your architecture a little bit more complex, so you will need to monitor the lag that your backups and replications are having to make sure that everything works the way it should.
- Consider using the tools available for you. The good thing with MySQL is that you have a choice to use tools in order to make your life easier. There are several tools available out there that you could use, such as Percona XtraBackup, AutoMySQLBackup Tool, and Zmanda Recovery Manager. Starting with MySQL version 6, you also have the option to use the MySQL Online Backup API.
- Always be aware of the trade offs. There is no backup solution that you could use for every database and for every scenario. You would need to know what tools are available for you and what you prefer: do you want a fast backup or do you value portability. For instance, mysqldump is portable to just about any DBMS, but it is much slower than other file copying methods. Also, restoring from logs may prove to be very tricky, but full backups are expensive.
May we all have a blessed 2015! We wish you all the year filled with prosperity and happiness. Happy New Year everyone!
TheFinestWriter.com now offers web content writing services. More details and sample content here: http://www.thefinestwriter.com/web-content-writing.
Good news guys! TheFinestWriter.com is safe and secure from the Heartbleed vulnerabiity as certified and confirmed by CloudFlare. Please see screenshot below. It’s an email from CloudFlare’s support team.
Michael Gabriel L. Sumastre (owner of TheFinestWriter.com) is now a member of the San Francisco Bay Area Journalists (SFBAJ). SFBAJ is an invitation-only group composed of journalists, writers and bloggers.
Michael has over eight years of professional experience in freelance writing and ghost writing. He has been working as a full-time premium freelance blogger since 2005. Michael also works as a tech content moderator for UBM (2012 – present), a UK-based multi-media corporation and parent company of PR Newswire.
Why hire TheFinestWriter.com as your next freelance blogger, writer and ghost writer? Here are 20 reasons why!