Hi! I’m Michael Gabriel L. Sumastre. I’ve been a freelance technical writer, technology writer and tech blogger since 2005. I got into this business when I was hired by an American SEO company as a full-time web content writer.
I’ve been writing since I was a kid. When I was in high school, I was a member of the school newspaper. I was promoted and became the paper’s Community Editor in my senior year.
In 2000, right after graduation, I wanted to become a journalist. But I thought it was a cliché – an amateur writer wanting to become a professional journalist. That’s why I diversified. I took up Information Technology instead. This course has exposed me a lot to the world of the Internet, computer programming, business technology, database, CMS, software engineering, etc. But I never forgot about writing. With the help of my English professor, I founded my college’s first ever publication (both with offline and online circulations). I became the Editor-in-Chief for two years.
Back then CMS and social media (Friendster and MySpace) were not that dynamic. WordPress required too much back-end coding. This experience led me to create my own website. I hosted it on a free web provider. In 2005, it became “www.TheFinestWriter.to.md”. With my experience developing small websites using PHP, I created it with CMS in mind. At that time, installing WordPress was not an option for me.
On my fourth year as a college student, I started working on my thesis. It was all about B2B ecommerce. My team took more than a year to plan, setup, develop and defend the system. Luckily for us, we won the “Most Remarkable Thesis” award. I also earned 1.75 scholastic grade on my first semester and 1.50 on my second semester.
However, during these times, I was totally broke. So I decided to work full-time as a writer to support my college education. I worked from 10pm to 6am, and then went to school from 8am to 5pm. It was an exhausting experience.
In 2006, I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
My first job as a professional writer was writing about the states and major cities & towns of the US. I produced more than 500 articles. My unforgettable pieces were for New York (both the state and the city), Chicago and Des Moines. I love the job but I wanted to be on my own. I wanted to be my own boss. Because of this, I was introduced to freelance technology writing. My first assignment was the Lenovo purchase of IBM. It was a major dissertation. I worked as a ghostwriter for a UK student. My next assignment was the “What Are The Factors That Influence UK Consumers To Purchase Organic Food?” It was a master paper ordered by a British undergraduate. You can read the paper’s Chapter 2 here: http://www.thefinestwriter.com/researchwriting.htm.
In 2007, I decided to buy my own .com domain and place TheFinestWriter on a reliable web host. This is where TheFinestWriter.com begun.
Fast forward to 2008, a Norwegian IT company hired me as a full-time technical writer. I was in-charge of the organization’s user and admin guides, software manuals, release letters, website content, conference presentation papers and posters and marketing texts. I also became their software tester.
I’ve written more than 5,000 articles, blog posts and content pieces ordered from all over the world since 2005. I’m also an EzineArticles Diamond Level Expert Author. I can write almost all types of content.
Major Career Highlights and Achievements:
- 2005 – became a professional writer and established www.TheFinestWriter.to.md
- 2006 – graduated from college with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- 2006 – started writing dissertations, master papers and research papers
- 2007 – developed and expanded www.TheFinestWriter.com
- 2008 – mastered technical writing
- 2009 – joined EzineArticles and subsequently became a Diamond Level Expert Author (the highest and most respected author-level)
- 2010 – became a freelance technical writer for Online Tech Tips and Help Desk Geek
- 2010 – hired by GFI as a freelance technology writer
- 2011 – became a freelance technical writer and tech blogger for Theme Dutch
- 2011 – started contributing several tech and IT certification articles to TrainSignal
- 2012 – produced technology articles for Techopedia
- 2012 – hired by UBM as a freelance content moderator
- 2013 – wrote photography-related articles for Contrastly and finance-related articles for Doughroller
- 2013 – Finally, after five years of being in a relationship, me and my girlfriend got married on March 1, 2013 – the same day as my 30th birthday.
Important links to my portfolio:
- CV, Resume – http://thefinestwriter.com/cv
- Sample articles – http://thefinestwriter.com/samples
- Sample webpage and website content – http://www.thefinestwriter.com/web-content-writing
- Satisfied clients – http://thefinestwriter.com/clients
- Recommendations from my clients – http://thefinestwriter.com/recommendations
- Contact me: http://thefinestwriter.com/writercontact.htm